Hi! Welcome to our monthly recipe feature where we share some of our favorite culinary creations which you can also easily prepare in your own kitchen.
One of the most delicious and favored preparations for cooked oysters is to charbroil them. Hang out in the backyard with a drink in hand and enjoy these with your family. Even if you think you don’t like oysters, they are worth a try.
- 1 lb butter room temperature
- 1 large shallot minced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 fresh lemons squeezed
- 2 tbsp creole seasoning
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Hot sauce to taste
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- 1/2 cup Parmesan shredded
- 24 oysters shucked, toss top shell
- French bread crostini or favorite saltine crackers to compliment
Reach 500 degrees and hold
Combine all ingredients except oysters in KitchenAid and mix
1 tbsp of mixture on shucked oyster
Place oysters on grill
Cook for 4 minutes, lid closed
Remove from grill
Squeeze fresh lemon juice on each oyster and serve and enjoy!