How to Plan the Perfect Fourth of July
When it comes to national holidays, we’re pretty fond of the Fourth of July. It’s just so easy to celebrate! The weather is warm, inviting us all to move outdoors and soak up some sun. Its patriotic theme is easy to capture, and the bright color scheme of red, white, and blue feels happy at first glance. Plus, it’s a great reason to enjoy delicious food with the people you love – something we’re always passionate about.
But don’t let its natural festivity fool you – a great Fourth of July won’t plan itself. You should do some basic preparations to ensure a fantastic Fourth for you and your guests. Luckily, capturing the spirit of a perfect Independence Day is easy when you focus on a few simple elements.
The American flag is your holiday symbol, which makes general decor easy to find – most stores have entire aisles dedicated to patriotic party items. But that doesn’t mean you have to go out and spend money on star-spangled silverware you’ll never use again. Instead, remember to KISS (keep it simple, sweetie) and get creative with some simple DIY decor that’s simple and festive.
Here are a few ideas to inspire you:
- For festive centerpieces, add handheld American flags to mason jars filled with white daisies and red roses. You could also swap out the flowers for red, white, and blue gumballs (or another candy that won’t melt) to create a centerpiece that’s cute and
- Store sparklers inside a glass jar tied with patriotic ribbon for easy access when the sun goes down. It’s fun and functional! If you’re at the beach, be sure to leave only footprints and properly dispose of all used sparklers when you’re festivities are finished.
- Use vintage star-shaped cookie cutters as napkin rings for some simple table flair.
July 4th is one of the best holidays for festive food. Themed treats are a Fourth of July tradition, and tables are laden with everything from star-shaped cookies to flag-themed fruit kabobs and patriotic pretzels.
If you’re looking for a fun and festive treat to add to your Fourth of July table, try dipping fresh strawberries into white chocolate bark and blue sprinkles for a tray full of red, white, and blue. This fun and festive treat is as easy as 1,2,3.
- Melt 4 ounces of white chocolate bark (or white chocolate chips) in a small microwave-safe bowl.
- Holding the stem, dip two-thirds of each strawberry into your melted white chocolate. Once set, dip the bottom third of each strawberry into a small bowl of blue sugar sprinkles.
- Refrigerate strawberries until they are completely set for a fun, patriotic treat!
Buy for Boat + Beach + Balcony
If you’ll be celebrating Independence Day on Alabama’s beautiful beaches in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach, you get to be flexible. That means planning ahead to find snacks and provisions that are easy to transport and equally delicious on the boat, the beach, or your balcony. We’ve got items at The Pantry at The Wharf that are perfect for all three: