Pomegranate season has begun and it’s the perfect fruit to ring in the fall! Not only is the Pomegranate delicious and beautiful in color, but the seeds and juice are packed full of health benefits!
• Lowers Blood Pressure: with bioactive polyphenols and antioxidants, your cardiovascular health will improve when you drink pomegranate juice. It also lowers blood pressure.
• Fights Infections: the extract of pomegranates has been used for centuries to treat many different ailments, including bacterial infections, ulcers, and microbes. This is due to the many different bioactive compounds present in this fruit, such as flavonoids and anthocyanins.
• Improves Heart: pomegranate juice has antioxidants that ward off heart disease and stop or slow cholesterol buildup in your arteries.
• Improves Memory: the polyphenols in pomegranate provides cognitive benefits such as improving memory, according to some studies.
• Packed With Vitamins: in addition to vitamin C and vitamin E, pomegranate juice is a good source of folate, potassium, and vitamin K.
#protip before you start loading up on the stuff: Pomegranate tends to be at its best between September and February, so it’s ideal to reach for the juicy fruit during the cooler months.
Eat Seasonal | Shop Local.