How about a cult favorite? Shrimp ceviche.
- 1 pound peeled and deveined raw medium shrimp
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (from 2 to 3 limes)
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves and tender stems
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Turn off the heat, add the shrimp, and poach until the shrimp are opaque and just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain the shrimp and set aside until cool enough to handle; about 10 minutes.
Chop the shrimp into 1/2-inch pieces and place in a large bowl. Add the lemon juice, lime juice, tomatoes, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and salt, and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours. Serve with fresh tortilla chips.
Shrimp Ceviche is perfect any day of the week but ideal for Cinco de Mayo. Call The Pantry @ 251.424.2343 to place your order today!