Hi! Welcome to our monthly recipe feature where we share some of our favorite culinary creations which you can also easily prepare in your own kitchen.
A quintessential southern snack, Chef David’s pimento cheese is absolutely delicious and so simple to make at home! Fantastic on crackers, veggies, apples, sliced bread, and as a topper for baked potatoes or broccoli; pimento cheese is a perfect low carb snack to serve at your next game night or party that will please everyone in the room!
The entire bowl is only about 1-2 carbs, so your serving will have virtually no carbs. Keep it in the refrigerator, and when ever you feel like a Keto-friendly snack, pull it out and enjoy this flavorful homemade cheese spread.
We can help you entertain with ease with gourmet to-go from The Pantry. Contact us today for more details!
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 ounces mild cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup diced pimentos
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons mayonnaise or Greek yogurt (optional)
1. Cream together cheddar cheese with the softened cream cheese until well combined.
2. Stir in the pimentos and salt and pepper.
If you prefer your pimento cheese to be a bit thinner for spreading, add in the optional mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, or liquid from the diced pimentos to preference.
Pro Tip: Grate your own cheese instead of buying pre-shredded for a greater flavor and consistency.